The Russell McVeagh Kahurangi-Marlborough
Regional Debating Championships is on 27th February this year, and we need to appoint 1 – 2 coaches for the Kahurangi-Marlborough Regional team.
The general requirements of coaching the team is as follows:
- Attendance at Kahurangi-Marlborough
Regionals on Saturday 27th February
- Attendance at Nationals: Friday 27th May – Monday 30th May
- Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in late February and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this. Council has a coaching budget available to compensate you for your costs in travelling to the Region.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email Hamish Saunders at [email protected]
nz by 10pm on Thursday 4th February with:
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
Please note that Council reserves the right to split a coaching combination application if necessary according to the volume and nature of applications.