The Russell McVeagh Waikato Regional Debating Championships is on 5th March this year, and we need to appoint 1 – 2 coaches for the Waikato Regional team.
The general requirements of coaching the team is as follows:
- Attendance at Waikato Regionals on Saturday 5th March.
- Attendance at Nationals: Friday 27th May – Monday 30th May
- Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in late February and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this. Council has a coaching budget available to compensate you for your costs in travelling to the Region.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email Hamish Saunders at [email protected]
by 10pm on Thursday 18th February with:
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
The sub committee deciding on coaches will consist of Udayan Mukherjee, Daniel Wilson and Hamish Saunders. Please note that we reserve the right to split a coaching combination application if necessary according to the volume and nature of applications.