The Russell McVeagh Auckland Regional Debating Championships is on the 19th and 20th March this year, and we need to appoint 1 – 2 coaches for both Auckland Blue and Auckland White.
The general requirements of coaching the team is as follows:
- Attendance at Auckland Regionals: Saturday 19th March – Sunday 20th March
- Attendance at Nationals: Friday 27th May – Monday 30th May
- Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in late February and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email Josh Baxter at [email protected]
by 10pm on Tuesday 1st March with:
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
The sub committee deciding on coaches will consist of Josh Baxter, Nick Cross and Corinne Marti. Please note that the sub committee reserves the right to split a coaching combination application if necessary according to the volume and nature of applications.