The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council will be sending a team to WSDC in Stuttgart, Germany between 19 – 29 July 2016. The Council is looking for suitably qualified coaches and adjudicators from New Zealand to attend the tournament for its duration.
Council is opening applications for the NZ team coaches for up to 2 coaches. Council will be subsidising each coach so that coaches based in New Zealand will only have to contribute $1000. The subsidy will include the registration for each adjudicator (which covers accommodation, transportation, attendance at Worlds social events and most meals).
- Attendance at Worlds from 18th – 29th July.
- Training your team: Coaches will be required to train the team prior to the announcement. Council has a coaching budget available to compensate you for your costs in travelling for coaching.
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
To support the attendance of NZ adjudicators at the tournament the Council is opening applications for up to 3 subsidized adjudicators.
The Council will be subsidizing each adjudicator so that adjudicators based in New Zealand will only have to contribute $1500. The subsidy will include the registration for each adjudicator (which covers accommodation, transportation, attendance at Worlds social events and most meals) and flights to Germany.
Adjudicators need to have experience at judging debates in the WSDC-style (the same style used at our national and regional competitions), command respect as an adjudicator, and be able to deliver adjudications in front of large school audiences. Adjudicators will also be expected to play a role supporting the NZ contingent at Worlds. Any applicants who, in the view of the Council, do not meet those requirements may not be selected as a representative NZ adjudicator eligible for the subsidy.
Please submit your application to the Vice President of the Council ([email protected]) by 10pm on 15 April 2016. Please also provide debating/adjudicating CV and referees.
The Council will advise successful applicants for both the coaching and adjudicating positions of a result by 22 April 2016.