The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council will be sending a team to WSDC in Bali between 1 – 11 August 2017. The Council is looking for suitably qualified coaches from New Zealand to attend the tournament for its duration.
Council is opening applications for the NZ team coaches for up to 2 coaches. Council will be subsidising each coach so that coaches based in New Zealand will only have to contribute $1000. The subsidy will include the registration for each adjudicator (which covers accommodation, transportation, attendance at Worlds social events and most meals).
The general requirements of coaching the team is as follows:
- Attendance at Nationals from 26 – 29 May 2017.
- Attendance at Worlds from 1 – 11 August 2017.
- Training your team: Coaches will be required to train the teamprior to the announcement. Council has a coaching budget available to compensate you for your costs in travelling for coaching.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email the President of the Council at email@example.com by Friday 17 March with:
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style)
Please let Hamish Saunders (the President) know if you have any questions.