The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council are pleased to announce that applications are now open to coach the Auckland and Wellington regional teams for 2018.
Auckland Regionals and Wellington Regionals are on Saturday 24 – Sunday 25 March this year, and we need to appoint 1 – 2 coaches to coach each team (two teams in each region).
The general requirements of coaching the teams are as follows:
- Attendance at Auckland Regionals on Saturday 25 March – Sunday 26 March
- Attendance at Nationals: Friday 25 May – Monday 28 May
- Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in March and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email your application to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 26 January with:
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
The selection of Auckland coaches will be decided by a sub-committee consisting of Hamish Saunders, Josh Baxter and Lucy Harrison.
The selection of Wellington coaches will be decided by a sub-committee of Nicholas Cross, Hamish Saunders, Chris Bishop and Maddy Nash.