The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council are pleased to announce that applications are now open to coach the Waikato and Central North Island regional teams for 2018.
Waikato Regionals is on 10 March this year and Central North Island Regionals is on 17 / 18 March and we are looking to appoint coaches for each team.
The general requirements of coaching the teams are as follows:
- Attendance at Waikato or CNI Regionals
- Attendance at Nationals: Friday 25 May – Monday 28 May
- Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in March and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email your application to [email protected] by 5pm on Thursday 8 February with:
- Whether you are interested in coaching
- Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination with others.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
The selection of Waikato coaches will be decided by a sub-committee of Kayla Grant, Hamish Saunders and Joe Ascroft.
The selection of CNI coaches will be decided by a sub-committee consisting of Nick Cross, Hamish Saunders and Georgie Lomax-Sawyers.