The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council are pleased to announce that applications are now open to coach the Northland and Otago-Southland regional teams for 2018.
Northland Regionals is on 11 March this year and Otago-Southland Regionals is on 17 / 18 March and we are looking to appoint coaches for each team.
The general requirements of coaching the teams are as follows:
• Attendance at Northland or Otago-Southland Regionals
• Attendance at Nationals: Friday 25 May – Monday 28 May
• Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in March and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email by 5pm on Sunday 18 February your application to [email protected] (Northland) and [email protected] (Otago-Southland) with:
• Whether you are interested in coaching
• Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination with others.
• Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
The selection of Northland coaches will be decided by a sub-committee of Nick Cross, Lucy Ellingham and Arun Prakash.
The selection of Otago-Southland coaches will be decided by a sub-committee consisting of Nick Robertson, Hamish Saunders and John Brinsley-Pirie.