The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council are pleased to announce that applications are now open to coach the Waikato and Otago-Southland regional teams for 2019.
Waikato Regionals is on 9 March this year and Otago-Southland Regionals is on 9/10 March and we are looking to appoint coaches for each team.
The general requirements of coaching the teams are as follows:
• Attendance at the relevant Regionals.
• Attendance at Nationals: Friday 24 May – Monday 27 May.
• Training your team: Generally you should aim to train the team for a few weekends between Regionals in March and Nationals in May, but it is at your discretion as to how you arrange this.
As such, if you are interested in applying to coach, please email by 5pm on Sunday 3 February your application to [email protected] with:
• Whether you are interested in coaching
• Whether you are applying as an individual, have a preference as to who you coach with, or are applying as a combination with others.
• Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform the decision (e.g. coaching, debating, adjudicating, familiarity with the schools style).
The selection of coaches will be decided by a Council appointed sub-committee.