The New Zealand Schools’ Debating Council has selected the NZ team and NZ development team from Nationals 2020. We are selecting team coaches who will prepare the teams for an Asia-Pacific tournament in December.
The general requirements of coaching the NZ team and NZ development team are as follows for 2020:
- Attendance at the Asia-Pacific tournament in December (likely the week beginning 14 December 2020).
- Coaching the teams from now until the tournament.
Council is opening applications for the NZ Team coaches for up to 3 coaches, and for the NZ development team coaches for up to 3 coaches. Selected coaches are not expected to make any financial contribution.
Based on feedback from the 2019 AGM and subsequent community consultation, members of the community will be able to leave feedback on the candidates applying for NZ Team and NZ Development Team coaching spots. Feedback will be submitted to Council via email/google form. It will only be viewed by members involved in selecting – they will be announced at the end of the application period. The nature of feedback will involve relevant experiences with the applicants as coaches/debaters/judges and any other relevant concerns. The feedback will only be viewed by the council members named at the end of the application period. If you have any other questions or would like more information on this feedback process, feel free to contact Council to discuss.
- Applications Close – Sunday 30 August at 6pm
- Applicant Feedback Opens – Sunday 30 August by 11:59pm
- Applicant Feedback Closes – Sunday 6 September at 12pm
- Coaches Announced by – TBC
If you are interested in coaching, please email [email protected]ating.org.nz by Sunday 30 August at 6pm with:
- Debating CV (eg. coaching, debating and adjudicating experience, familiarity with the schools style)
- Whether you are applying as an individual, if you are applying as individual whether you would be happy to co-coach if asked to, if you have a preference as to who you coach with or if you are applying as a combination and why
- Whether you are applying to coach the NZ team, the NZ development team, or both.
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform our decision
Applications will be considered by all non-conflicted members of the NZSDC Council Executive. The Executive reserves the right to propose alterations to combinations of candidates.
If you have any questions, please let us know at [email protected].