Applications to coach the 2021 New Zealand Team for Online Macau WSDC are now open. We are looking for experienced coaches who will have availability to coach the team, which will be selected at Nationals at the end of May.
1. Attendance at Online Macau WSDC 2021 from Sunday July 25 – August 5th. The tentative schedule for this tournament is to have 4 days of inrounds (26/27/28/29 July). The inrounds days will see two debates, likely starting in the early afternoon NZ time and finishing up late. The outrounds start Sunday August 1 and there is one debate per day until Thursday August 5.
2. Coaching the team from their selection at the end of May until the tournament in July.
3. Attendance at a pre-Worlds online tournament. Council will discuss this with the coaches once they are selected in order to pick a tournament that works best for them.
We are seeking 2 – 3 individuals to coach the NZ Team. Applications can be made individually, as a pair, or as a group of 3. Selected coaches are not expected to make any financial contribution this year given the tournaments online nature.
As part of the selection process members of the NZSDC community will be able to leave feedback on the candidates applying for NZ Team coach. Feedback will be submitted to council via email and will only be viewed by council members involved in selecting the coaches. The nature of the feedback will involve relevant experiences with the applicants as coaches/debaters/judges and any other relevant concerns.
Application timeline and process
- Applications close – Monday 26 April at 7pm.
- Feedback opens – Monday 26 April at 8pm
- Feedback closes – Friday 30 April at 7pm.
- Coaches announced by end of Sunday 2 May.
If you are interested in coaching, please email [email protected] by Monday 26 April at 7pm with:
- A Debating CV (eg. Coaching, debating and adjudicating experience, familiarity with the schools style)
- Whether you are applying as an individual, if you have a preference as to who you would like to coach with or if you are applying as a combination and why,
- Anything else you would like us to know in order to inform our decision
Applications will be considered by all non-conflicted members of the NZSDC Council Executive. The Council reserves the right to propose alterations to combinations of candidates.
If you have any questions, please let us know at [email protected].